Saturday, March 2, 2013

Extending the Abundance

My mum-in-law is one of the kindest, most generous people that I know. She has taken the principle of USE-IT - DON'T LOSE IT to far greater heights than I could imagine. 




Here's her story:

"I have spent the last month foraging granadillas, crawling through dense undergrowth and dead spikey shrubs that the granadillas had killed, my arm is permanently bleeding.  Had a great idea to put them up for sale at R1 each in the  front of pharmacy to raise funds for Grace the cleaner who lost everything in a huge fire that swept through Khayalitsha . I was picking up 200 a day (also sold 20 kilos to your friend), well she was given over a thousand rand today to buy little hotplate and oven and an iron and still have change. Also have bags of frozen juice. Hope you can take some back with you!"

I am inspired. What better way to use the abundance that we live with, than to share it with another person, enriching their life and our own. After all, it is far better to give than to receive.





No comments:

Post a Comment