Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Well, hello there.

 Plenty has changed in my life. Two years ago we left the Free State and are now living on a mountainside in the Cape. We are closer to our grown up children, first grandchild and most of our family. 

This morning I awoke before dawn to the fragrance of the fynbos drifting on the moist air through the wide open bedroom windows. Last night's showers have washed away the lingering smell of distant summer fires that have been ravaging the Cape. 

As the fragrance awakened me, it was an invitation to come away and walk with my Lord on this beautiful mountainside. Sunbirds and sugarbirds dipped between the protea foliage. Raindrops glistened on grasses. My heart soared with joy. I could not help singing as I went. 


Arise, my love, my fair one.

And come away to climb the rocky steps of the hillside.

 Song of Solomon 2:13 (Amp)

No comments:

Post a Comment